Aunt Amnesia's Attic

Aunt Amnesia's Attic
Treasures from french France.

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas one and all.

Christmas day 2013 has passed really calmly here in France. It has rained all day and I am still in my PJ's, even now at 8pm.  The festivities have passed and the family is relaxing in front of the tv watching one of their Christmas presents.

Our meal today was a twist on the British tradition of turkey - we had turkey en croute which was a turkey breast, wrapped in pork and beef stuffing mix with pastry on top. We made far too much food, additional roasted vegetables, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, gravy, sprouts with chestnuts.



The gingerbread house was interesting, it's the first time I ever assembled one (kit from Ikea) and I burnt my finger making the caramelised sugar which I stuck it together with. Then 7 year old decorated it. Isn't it lovely!





Have a great Boxing day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment